Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Looking for some help....


Last year, I became a mentor through Everybody Wins! Vermont- a mentoring program in area elementary schools with a focus on fostering the love of reading. Each Tuesday, I go to John J. Flynn Elementary School in Burlington, and share my lunch hour and some reading time with my mentee- a fifth grader with a proclivity for neon nail polish and Junie B. Jones. This experience has been entirely rewarding; for such a minimal time commitment, the benefits are astounding!

As the arrival of my own little (hopefully one day) bookworm draws nearer, I am looking for someone who might be interested in "subsitute mentoring" for me while I am on my maternity absence. If you have been considering joining EW! or any mentoring/volunteering program- this could be a wonderful opportunity to participate in the program on a "trial basis". I had considered a number of different mentoring/volunteering programs and found this one to be a great fit, as it takes little more than an hour a week! Please call or e-mail me if you have any interest or questions on my experience with the program.

As of today, EW! has over 650 reading pairs in 23 different schools- making it the state's largerst mentoring program...that's pretty amazing! Last week, the Burlington Free Press ran an article on EW!, to check that out, click here.

Oh, and if you are looking to purchase a home in the Burlington area, I would be happy to assist you with that as well! Feel free to contact me for all of your Real Estate needs.

-Jamie Wright, Realtor
Jamie@BurlingtonVermontHomes.com
(802)846-9530

photo credit: Burlington Free Press

No comments:

Post a Comment